Tree Card Poker is dealt from a 52 card deck with conventional values. Three cards will be dealt face down starting to the left of the dealer button and proceeding clockwise. Each player, including the designated player, will be dealt three cards.
- All action will proceed clockwise from the first active position left of the designated player. The players may post a minimum wager (Base Bet).
- The player may post an additional wager (Pair Plus).
- Each player, including the designated player, will be dealt three cards.
- The players may inspect their hand and then choose from the following options:
- Fold the hand. A player that folds will forfeit the Pair Plus wager and Base Bet wager.
- Make a Call bet equal to the Base Bet wager.
- The designated player must qualify to play with a minimum Queen-high hand. In the event the designated player does not hold a qualifying hand, the Call bet will receive no action and the Base Bet will be paid even money.
- Each hand is compared to the designated player’s hand (which rotates on a hand-by-hand basis unless there are no eligible designated players or the eligible designated players waive their turn), beginning with the button, to determine the winner. The winning hand is either the last hand remaining (i.e. the player folds or the designated player does not qualify and the player is paid pursuant to paragraph 5) or the higher hand based on the following poker hand rankings (lowest to highest): high card, pair, flush, straight, three of a kind, and straight flush.
- The designated player will pay the Base Bet and Call bets even money if the player’s hand outranks the designated player’s hand.
- After a Call bet is made and the player’s hand wins over the designated player’s hand, the player is now eligible to be paid on the Pair Plus wager. If the player’s hand is one of the ranked hands on the Pair Plus Payout Table, the player will be paid the corresponding payout. The player is also eligible for a Pair Plus payout if a Call bet is made and the designated player does not qualify. A chart listing all payout amounts will be posted at the table.
- All bets are paid to the extent the designated player’s money is in action. A player’s hand – the group of cards dealt to a player within a particular game – will be considered dead, and the player’s wager will be returned and not considered for purposes of the house rake, if at any time the designated player does not have sufficient funds to cover a player’s wager. The players’ hands are only compared to the designated player’s hand, and not to any other hand.